Knolling photography is a style of composition in photography whereby the subject is arranged in a series of parallel or perpendicular lines. The technique was popularized by Industrial Designers such as Dieter Rams and Jonathan Ive, who used it to organize their work surfaces and tools in an orderly manner.
Since then, the technique has been used by photographers to great effect in both product and still life photography.
This trend has been growing in popularity on social media, with more and more people using it to showcase their products or artwork. If you’re looking to add some visual interest to your photos, consider giving knolling a try.
Also, Read: How To Photograph Embroidery? Tips Revealed
There are a few tips you can follow to achieve successful knolling photos:
- Choose an interesting subject matter
- Use a consistent color scheme
- Keep the lines clean and symmetrical
- Experiment with different arrangements
- Use a shallow depth of the field
Bright And Simple Background
Use a bright background: This will help to make your objects stand out more
Use a simple background: A busy or cluttered background can be distracting. A simple background will help to keep the focus on your objects.
The word “knolling” is derived from the work of designer and architect Charles Knoll. There are a few key principles to remember when knolling:
- Alignment: Objects should be straight and evenly spaced.
- Symmetry: Objects should be mirrored or balanced.
- Contrast: Use different shapes, sizes, or colors to create visual interest.
History and Benefits
Knolling photography is a style of photography that emphasizes organization and repetition. It got its start in the 1930s but has seen a resurgence in popularity in recent years.
There are a few things that make knolling photography so appealing. For one, it’s a great way to show off your skills as a photographer. It’s also a great way to show off your skills as a designer.
Camera For Knolling
If you are a lover of knolling photography then you will want a good camera. So Panasonic LUMIX FZ80 is a very good option for you. It is a powerful digital camera.
- Point and Shoot Long Zoom Camera: 18.1 megapixel MOS sensor plus...
- High Resolution View Finder and LCD Display: High resolution 1,170K...
- 4K video Capture: 4K QFHD video recording (3840 x 2160) with three...
- Low Light Performance: Low light capture lets you enjoy photography...
- USB Charging and Wi-Fi Connectivity: Enjoy travel ready technologies...
Knolling photography is a great way to capture and organize your belongings. This article explained what knolling photography is and showed some examples of it in use. If you are looking for a way to organize your photos, try knolling photography.